- This event has passed.
January Workshop: Benefit from the Latest Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) and Senate Bill 9 Upzoning Opportunities
January 27 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Benefit from the Latest Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) and Senate Bill 9 Upzoning Opportunities
Live In-Person Workshop with Seth Phillips
There seems to be endless rules and regulations – rent control and tenant protection laws continue proliferating, and along with that, the cost of being in the rental housing business continues going up, up, and up. Join us this January 27, 2024 at 10 a.m. for a workshop where we show you how to increase rental income by taking advantage of recently passed California Senate Bills 9 and 10, and also the NEW California Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) laws allowing YOU not only to add more rental units to your property, but without parking.
Under California’s ADU regulations, property owners today may add two new rental units regardless of square footage or number of units currently at the property and without any issue of local restrictions. Additionally, YOU may add 25% more rental units on top of that based upon YOUR existing square footage and build up to 25-feet.
Join other property owners who today are taking advantage of California’s Senate Bills 9 and 10 and new accessory dwelling unit laws! Small property owners today can benefit by increasing density at rental properties and, of course, increase the “bottom line.” Join our ADU expert, Seth Phillips (aka “Mr. ADU”) as he discusses the benefits of Senate Bills 9 and 10 and new ADU laws, and how you can easily, substantially improve your revenue outlook by taking advantage of these new laws.
Seth Phillips is the founder of “ADU Gold” and is considered “California’s Leading Expert on ADUs.” Seth has been a licensed broker/agent for over 30 years. He brings 13 years of real estate development expertise, having renovated over 1,200 homes. Plus, he is the founder of “The ADU Development” group with over 730 members. Join Seth (“Mr. ADU”) as he discusses the benefits of Senate Bills 9 and 10, and how you can easily improve your rental income by building more units on your property.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to add up to 4 units to your existing property. This allows YOU to have the potential to double or even triple the multifamily rental income at your property today.
- How the 25% Conversion Rule can create limitless opportunities, and how to maximize the “footprint” of your property by adding additional housing units.
- How to convert recreational, laundry and storage rooms, and garages into Accessory Dwelling Units that you can generate rental income from.
- How YOU can build up to 5-units on a single-family zoned property in the Los Angeles Area.
- How YOU can eliminate parking at YOUR building with no additional parking requirements so long as your property is located within one-half mile of mass-transit.
- How you can increase NOI by adding new duplex and fourplex housing units and ADUs to YOUR property.
- The “step-by-step” process on how YOU can make these opportunities best work for YOU.
Seating is limited. Save your seat today!
PLEASE NOTE: These events are subject to change without notice. Be sure to check this page before showing up to to an event.
Visit this page often as we'll have more details on upcoming events, may shift some dates around, and will be adding more events.